Some problems with your AC system can be solved quickly and easily. Before you reach for the phone to call for repair or service, use this checklist to see if you can solve it on your own:
- Check the Filter: A clogged filter will reduce the amount of cool air entering your home. Plus, it will make your system work harder which could ultimately lead to early system failure.
- Check Your Thermostat: It should be set 3-5 degrees below room temperature to start your system.
- Double Check Service Switches: They should be in the ’ON’ position.
- Circuit Breakers: Look for tripped breakers and reset if necessary. If it trips again, don’t reset it but call us right away for service.
- Check Air from Indoor Vents: The air blowing should be cool. If there is no air or it is warm, turn off your unit and call for service. Continuing to run your air conditioner could cause damage to your system.
- Check Air from the Outdoor Unit: You should feel warm air blowing out of the top of the unit. If there is no air or the air is cool, shut off the unit and call for service. Continuing to run your air conditioner could cause damage to your system.
- Check the Outdoor Unit for Clearance: Clear away any debris or landscaping to allow at least 15 inches of free space for proper air flow.